A Brief Overview Of Woocommerce And Shopify
When it comes to giving your business an online presence, what kind of website you need is the most fundamental question. Although there are a number of e-commerce platforms to choose from, in this article we will touch upon two of the most popular platforms: WooCommerce and Shopify.
What Is WooCommerce?
Extendable, customizable, and open source, WooCommerce is an e-commerce plugin for WordPress that’s designed for online merchants, large and small, using WordPress websites.
The platform gives you complete control over your website, allowing you to sell anything, anywhere. You can modify it based on how you want your shop to look on the internet, plus you have the opportunity to benefit from hundreds of other plugins, advanced features, and scalability as you add more products to your store, earn more customers, and grow your business.
What is Shopify?
Shopify is a comprehensive e-commerce platform that lets you start, manage, and grow your e-commerce business. It is one of the most popular tools that provide retailers with a suite of services ranging from payments and marketing to shipping, point of sale features, and customer engagement tools.
It’s a completely cloud-based and hosted (SaaS) platform, which means you can say goodbye to owning, upgrading, and maintaining web servers and software and have the flexibility to run your business and sell anything from anywhere provided you have an internet connection.
Which One Is Better For Your Store?
There is not really one right answer; rather, the choice between WooCommerce and Shopify comes down to what exactly you want out of your online store.
Select WooCommerce if…
You should opt for WooCommerce if:
- Full control of the e-commerce store is what you want.
- You want your store to shine with thousands of plugins and themes.
- You’re on a tight budget.
- You’re the one who is capable of handling all the technical work that’s required upfront.
- You already own a WordPress website and need to build your e-commerce store on top of it.
- You think you will not need continuous customer support.
Choose Shopify If…
You should pick Shopify if:
- You don’t already own a website and want to get an online store off the ground real fast with minimum effort.
- You want to avoid the hassle of selecting a hosting service.
- Responsive design is what you’re looking for on mobile devices.
- You’re looking for a turnkey solution to set things up with only a few simple instructions and don’t want to spend money hiring someone to set up the store for you.
- You think you will be highly dependent on customer support.
To tell you the truth, WooCommerce and Shopify are both outstanding solutions for running an e-commerce store, but again, the final selection depends on what suits your needs the best. Whichever e-commerce platform you choose, PureLogics is ready to dream up a fully functional online store for you—one that you’ve always wanted.
Don’t you really think that the world is in need of another Amazon? So what is stopping you? Get in touch with us to do some amazing things together.