Image credit: wplook.com
When it comes to give your business the online presence, what kind of website you need is the most fundamental question. Although there are a number of e-commerce platforms to choose from, in this article, we will touch upon two of the very popular platforms – WooCommerce and Shopify.
What is WooCommerce?
Extendable, customizable, and open source, WooCommerce is an e-commerce plugin for WordPress – that’s designed for online merchants, large and small, using WordPress websites.
The platform gives you the absolute control over your site to sell anything, anywhere. You can modify it based on how you want your shop to look like on the internet, plus, you have the opportunity to benefit from hundreds of other plugins, advanced features, and scalability as you add more products to your store, earn more customers, and grow your business.
What is Shopify?
Shopify is a comprehensive e-commerce platform that lets you start, manage, and grow your e-commerce business. It is one of the most popular tools that provide retailers with a suite of services ranging from payments and marketing to shipping, point of sale features, and customer engagement tools.
It’s completely cloud based and hosted (SaaS) platform which means you say goodbye to owning, upgrading, and maintaining web servers and software – and have the flexibility to run your business and sell anything from anywhere provided you have an internet connection.
Which one is better for your store?
There is not really one right answer; rather the choice decision between WooCommerce and Shopify comes down to what exactly you want out of your online store.
Choose WooCommerce If…
You should opt for WooCommerce if:
- Full control of the e-commerce store is what you want.
- You want your store to shine with thousands of plugins and themes.
- You’re on a tight budget.
- You’re the one who is capable to handle all the technical work that’s required upfront.
- You already own a WordPress website and need to build your e-commerce store on the top of it.
- You think you would not need continuous customer support.
Choose Shopify If…
You should pick Shopify if:
- You don’t already own a website and want to get an online store off the ground real fast with minimum effort.
- You want to keep away the hassle of selecting a hosting service.
- Responsive design is what you’re looking for the mobile devices.
- You are searching for a turnkey approach to set things up following only a few simple instructions and don’t want to dedicate the budget for someone to setup the store for you.
- You think you will be highly dependent on customer support.
To tell you the truth, WooCommerce and Shopify both are outstanding solutions for running an e-commerce store, but again the final selection depends on what suits your needs the best.
Whichever e-commerce platform you choose, PureLogics is ready to dream up a fully functional online store for you, one that you’ve always wanted.
Don’t you really think that the world is in need of another Amazon? So what is stopping you? Get in touch with us to do some amazing things together.